Saturday, March 31, 2007

More 'Views'

As I have mentioned before, Alicia watches the View everyday between her morning nap (she gets up early to take a nap) and going to work. And I take it from the conversations we have , that Rosie is a Liberal. No biggie, just an observation. I don't have a stance on Rosie. Its one of my rules in life to not have an opinion about fat lesbian women. I find its a good practice to stay out of their way and not talk to them. Nothing good happens when straight white guys and fat lesbians mix.

Anyways, Rosie brought up the concept that the taking of the British soldiers as hostages may be a ploy by the Bush/Blair administrations to engage in a conflict with Iran. Alicia asked me this, thinking I would give her the most reasonable answer, with my 'years' of political science study. She was a little surprised by my answer.

I told her, that it really wasn't that far fetched of an idea. Its no more far fetched than the North Vietnamese Navy attacking a PT boat in the Gulf of Tonkin, even though the NV navy was basically 3 fishing boats with AK-47's on them. And that was enough info for the American public to allow for the increase of US troops in Vietnam.

If we look closely at the current situation, we have Iran with nothing really to lose in the situation, who is openly pursuing nuclear weapons in the face of the UN and whose leadership has continuously bad mouthed the leader of the free world. Then we have the UK; if their navy isn't the 2nd largest, its in the top 5 and is probably as advanced as any in the world. Those Brits really take pride in their sailing. Its like bike racing in France. Taking these sailors hostage is like calling the queen a hoe.

If the situation escalates to the point where they are talking about 'regime' change, then I'm on Rosie's side. But I still expect it to cool down in few weeks.

No comments: