Saturday, March 17, 2007

Country Music?


I'm not sure how, when or where it happened, but I'm pretty sure I'm country music fan. No, I don't own any Dwight Yokum or Shania Twain and I sure as hell don't listen to the 'country' chick from American Idol, whatever her name is.


But I do listen to a lot of White Stripes, Johnny Cash and Ryan Adams. I'm positive that Mr Cash is considered country and if you listened to Ryan Adams enough, you'd be hard pressed to say he doesn't have a ton of country influences in his music. The White Stripes you question? Well there must be something in that De-Troit Water that makes their musicians go a little country. Kid Rock tries his best to play it up, but the White Stripes definitely have an 'Alt'-country feel.


Maybe its time for me to get some boots and a bigger hat.

No comments: