Monday, March 5, 2007

Why I dig Kevin Smith


I dig Kevin Smith. Not enough to be a member of his fan site, or to post messages on his blog, but enough to see basically any movie he does with out Jennifer Lopez in it. I just stole Clerks II the other day and watched it with Alicia. A well done indi-style movie. The actors were not in the same class as the directing/writing, but I don't care about that when I see his movies.


I love his movies because when I watch them, I can actually relate to the characters. Most movies have characters that are so blown out of proportion, that their really not like anyone I know, let alone myself. Take the movie closer for instance. Good movie, solid acting and enticing story line. Do I know a single person who lives anything like any of those people? No. Not one. I don't even think I've met some one like them. But in Smith's movies, I know a Jay, and I've met a few Silent Bobs. The 2 guys in Chasing Amy? It could have been me and a buddy a couple of times.


Now I could go on and ask why more directors and writers don't make movies like this, but that's a waste of time because poor, fat and lonely people don't go to the movies to see other poor, fat and lonely people. Which is to bad, because it makes for great movies.

1 comment:

Felix said...

You also like Kevin Smith because you're a raging homo...