Thursday, January 11, 2007

This Weekends games...on a whim

I haven't had the time I did last year to make my playoff picks, but there will be no excuses here. I think this will be a memorable week in football.

Indy +4 @ Balt If this game was a pick'em, I would go with Balt. But its not, so I have to take the colts. Let me be the guy who says that the Colts run D still sucks. The only problem is that Jamal Lewis is pretty much a 3 yards and a cloud of dust guy. Balt wins by a field goal.

NO -6 vs Philly My rule with underdogs in the playoffs is don't take them unless you think they can win out right. Philly has been here before, I just think NO has to many weapons and the citizens of NO will be trashed by the late kickoff.

SEA +8.5 @ Chi Do you have what it takes to bet on Rex Grossman? I don't. SEA has not been very good this year, I just have this vision of Rex throwing three picks in the first half and the bears having to play from behind the rest of the game.

NE +4.5 @ SD I really, really want to take SD here. And if I don't bet the game, I will definitely cheer for them. But I just can't bring myself to overlooking the QB/Coach match up. Its really not even close in this match up. If SD wins, it will have to be someone else besides LT who gets it done.

No comments: