Friday, February 9, 2007

Your next President?


I didn't include this little tidbit in any of my emails or posts, but 2 years ago I said the Barak Obama would be the next president. Yes, I know we are two years away from the election, but he is going to announce that he is running for president today.

As of right now, the Democrats have all of the momentum. As long as they don't get to carried away and the Iraq war doesn't end, they should be able to hold onto it until the election. There major road block will be themselves. I can foresee their primary getting a little dirty. Hilary will have a ton of money, and a bunch of political friends, so to beat her, they may start throwing some Whitewater/Lewinsky dirt at her. If that happens, they could really damage themselves when it comes time for the general election because she'll be forced to launch back.

If Obama can survive the primary, he'll be faced with a Republican whose last name is not Bush. It may be McCain, but I don't know if he has the guts to be president. His center of the road style is probably not what the religious right is looking for in the republican nominee. If I were to make a guess, I'd say Giuliani. I think he'll be able to raise enough money to get it done. If that happens, it could be a really close presidential election, especially if Giuliani could carry New York.

My prediction is the ballot will look like this Rep: Giuliani, Dem: Obama, and Ind: Lieberman. I really see Lieberman throwing a wrench in the works. He's really not popular enough to get elected, but if he runs, he'll force the others to address issues they'd normally avoid.

No comments: