Friday, February 2, 2007

I wish I was in South Beach

I wish I could quit my job and surf the internet all day. My job last year basically consisted of me surfing the net all day. Now, I spend six or seven hours a day in meetings, and then I spend the rest of my day trying to get other people to spend less time surfing the net and more time doing work. Last year, I probably spent thirty or forty hours thinking about who was going to win the superbowl. I may have spent 2 hours doing that this year.

Not sure what this all means, but lets just say, I am not betting the house on the game this year. One more negative is that I will probably be in an airplane during the fourth quarter.

Anyways, to the game.

Lets talk about qb's. I don't know about you, but is there even a comparison to be made? Future Hall of famer versus a guy who might not be a starter next year.

How about rb's? I like Chi-town here, but not by a ton. I am a Thomas Jones fan, but I think Addai'ed and gone to heaven is going to be a top ten back next year.

WR's? Harrison has been invisible in the playoffs. Beriman is a huge difference maker. Clark is overrated, but the colts probably have an edge here because of their QB.

OL? I have no idea. Indy's gets a ton more press, but the bears seem to get it done just fine.

Dl? I really like indy's d line. When they have a lead, they can really pressure the QB with only 4 guys. Chicago does a good job as well, but they have more talent behind them.

LB's? Not even close.

DB? Closer than some might think. Indy does what they do (cover 2), Chicago does the same, but mixes it up a lot more. So much of this match-up will revolve around who has the lead.

Special teams? Gotta love da bears on this one. Hester is a game breaker.

Who am i picking? Four weeks ago I watched the Colts do something they have never done, they put together a game clinching time consuming drive against KC. Along with that, they also shut down the run like they hadn't done all year. I am not a big fan of betting on Dungy in the playoffs, but he isn't as big of a risk as Grossman.

Here are my pics

Colts -7, the over, Thomas Jones (7-1) & Bob Sanders (18-1)and the first touchdown Dallas Clark (10-1)

No comments: