Sunday, April 22, 2007

NBA


Why are the playoffs so much better in the NBA? There is such a huge difference between the quality and competition of the NBA playoffs compared to the regular season. I find the regular season to be barely watchable. Half the players look like they are dogging it, and the ones who are trying are just fighting to stay with a a team. But once the playoffs start everything changes. The best players lay everything on the line and the coaches leave them in nearly the entire game.


So, if you made me the commissioner of the NBA, I'd make two fixes. One, I'd do get the owners to conduct a lockout to get guaranteed contracts out of the NBA. The Vince Carter's and Vin Bakers of the world shouldn't get paid millions to ride the pine. Second, I'd shorten the season, by a month, but keep the number of games the same. The teams would play more games in a week. This way, the best teams would really rise to the surface. Team work and depth would be crucial because of the limited amount of rest. I think the season would be much more enjoyable.


But until then, I'll continue to ignore the regular season and wait for the playoffs.

No comments: