Sunday, April 22, 2007

Mayweather/de la Hoya


I'm not a huge boxing fan, but I enjoy a good, legitimate boxing match. The line on this one is Mayweather -200, which in my opinion is free money. There is no way in the world Mayweather loses that fight. First, de la Hoya is a little past his prime. His window for being in his prime was small because he made a ton of money in boxing, and really doesn't need to keep fighting. As soon as he became a promoter, he could hang it up. Other fighters hang on longer because they are just 'rapper' rich. The drive nice cars, but need that next fight in order to pay the rent therefore, the do everything in their power to remain at a hight level, knowing that if they can't fight, they'll end up shooting craps on the corner with Sprewell and JR Rider. Second, Sugar Shane dominated the Golden Boy with his speed, and I think the Mayweather may be faster the Mosley.


Its a great fight for de la Hoya as a promoter, but its probably not a great choice for him as a fighter.

1 comment:

Felix said...

You must be smoking crack--there's no way Mosley beat De La Hoya in their first fight. I don't think he dominated at all. I hope De La Hoya beats the shit out of Mayweather--can't stand to listen to that motherfucker talk shit. Zab Judah handled him easily if headn't run out of steam. I like Oscar's chances in this one.