Thursday, September 10, 2009

Week 2 Picks

If you missed last week, a group of friends and I pick 2 college games and 3 NFL games every week against the spread. We have to pick the college game that hosts ESPN's College Game day, the Sunday Night Game and the Monday night game. this week there are 2 Monday nighters, so you can pick either one. I was a perfect 2-0 last week, and I jumped out to an early lead. Hopefully I can keep things rolling.

OSU +7 vs USC: Ask yourself why this line is so low? If Navy was nearly able to go into the big house and pull of the upset, why isn’t this line more representative of what happened last year when these two teams played. The answer is, because vegas knows better. 85% of the people betting this game are all over USC, but the line isn’t moving. Plus, I don’t like freshman on the road and I’m not entirely sold on USC run game. It’s good, but so is OSUs D.

Boise St -36.5 vs Miami, Oh: This is a ton of points to give up, but M of O is probably the worst team in a pretty weak MAC conference. The west coast travel isn’t going to do them any favors. Plus, BSU loves covering at home and needs to destroy teams to stay in the BCS bowl talk.


NFL

GB -4 vs Chi town: I think Cutler is a stud, but I don’t think the bears have enough weapons on O for this to beat the Pack. I worry a little about the Pack’s D, but I think Rodgers throws for 3 TD’s for the cover.

Bolts -9.5 @ Oakland: I wish I got on this line earlier, but SD is one of the 3 best teams in the AFC, and Oak is one of the worst in the NFL. I think Russel throws a couple of picks and this gets ugly early. I hate these games because I’ll wake up at 4 to watch the last part of the game and the score will already be 31-10. I’ll be mad because it’s 4 in the AM and the announcers are talking about driving across the golden gate bridge.

San Fran +7 vs Cards: Mark my words, this is a down year for Arizona. San Fran ended last season pretty strong and is a team on the upside. I think they’ll be able to eek this one out. Don’t shy away from the money line on this one.

1 comment:

Kojak said...

That's what you get for not having faith in the Raiders...they covered the spread....how could you???? The Raiders are going to surprise a lot of people, they should have won that game but they dominated one of the best teams in the AFB, according to you.