Thursday, September 3, 2009

Handicapping Challenge

A couple of buddie sand I, have been doing a handicapping challenge for that last 4 years. Basically, we pick 5 games against the spread every week, but we must pick the ESPN College Gameday game, Sunday night and Monday night football game. We started doing it the year after Tim thought he could pick games a 60% clip. Believe it or not, he wasn't even close. Easiest bet I've ever won.

Were doing it this year so I'll post my picks here as well as email them to others in the challenge.


BSU -3 vs Oregon.  BSU is great against the spread at home.  Unless there is some signifcant change, they are a must bet at home.  I know they beat the Ducks last year and they'll be looking for revenge, but I still like BSU in this game. 

Bama -6.5 vs VT.  They are setting an interesting precedence.  I like the early season game at an alternate location.  I could see them doing this all over the east coast.  VT lost there second best offense player in the offseason and that is going to hurt going up against bama's D who returns 9 starters and held teams to 75 yards rushing per game last year.  I think this one will be close, so the line has me staying away in real life, but here, I have to go with Bama.  Tyrod Taylor has the ability change this game, I just don't have faith he can do it.  If your going to watch the game, keep an eye out for Rashard Carmichael.  He's my boy.

No comments: