Monday, September 3, 2007

Report: American workers world's most productive - Sep. 2, 2007

Report: American workers world's most productive - Sep. 2, 2007

Isn't this a little puzzling? I know that I'm a government employee, so I don't work very hard, but most people I know aren't putting in 60 hour weeks, breaking productivity records. This article just doesn't sit with me.

Something makes me believe that our old friend 'illegal immigrant' has something to do with these statistics. The stats used by the UN are based off of the GNP divided by the number of workers. Of course they are not counting the illegal workers paid under the table.

How efficient would the American work force be if all the workers received a legitimate wage and health care?

Oh, the horror.

1 comment:

Felix said...

They must not have counted government civilians in this study. There's a certain bit of jealousy when you just have to work 7:30 to 4:30 and go home. Even better when you work a little extra and get every other Friday off. Nothing beats telling your boss to fuck off when they ask you to work late.