Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What’s cool on a Tuesday?

I just got done meeting a friend and his brother for dinner and few beers on a Tuesday night. I dropped them off at a hotel and was driving back home with a little inkling of desire to stay out and really party it up. But then I thought, when was the last time that I went out on a Tuesday and had a good time?

Most days have something. Monday has Monday night football. During the football season, there is always a party somewhere. Usually it involves cheap wings and cheap beer and women who know what they are looking for; dudes. Wednesday was always 'hump' day where I came from. Your week was basically over, so you might as well party it up some. A few cool bars come to mind; Sally's in Stadium Village near the U of MN and the Pump House in Fairbanks AK. Sally's had ladies night with 4 dollar mugs and some sort of crazy shots. Always a good time. The Pump House hosted Karaoke, had half price appetizers and deals on some sort of cocktails. It was easily the coolest night of the week to go out in Fairbanks.

Thursday nights was always a little overrated, but there was still enough to do. In college, it was always a night when the college kids and the working stiffs mixed it up downtown. Brother's was the place to be in Minneapolis, but I always thought it was sort of a dive that was a meathead magnet. The strippers in Fairbanks always went to the Detour on Thursday's, so we obviously followed suit. That was actually the first time I ever got into a bar with a fake ID and eventually led to me being crowned the best ass in Fairbanks.

Friday and Saturday are pretty self explanatory. Friday was always the 'happy hour' day and Saturday was usually more of a night club kind of thing, but weekends are easy.

Tuesday's on the other hand escaped me. I'm sure someone somewhere thinks Tuesday's kick ass, but I've never been there.

No comments: