Saturday, December 30, 2006

Is my bulldog worth $1500


Whenever someone comes and meets my dog, they are always taken back by how friendly and loving she is. For a forty pound monster, she is the cuddliest dog I have ever met and my mom always had a 'lap' dog when I was growing up. She is extremely playful with people and any dog that isn't deathly afraid of her. She likes going for walks, but would probably rather play tug.


After people meet her, they are normally impressed with her demeanor and few are not drawn into her charm. Its to the point, where you can almost see them working out the 'maybe our next dog should be a bulldog' ideas through their heads.


Then they drop the 'how much did she cost' question. I know, 15 hundred is a lot for a dog. Its twice as much as my first car and the same price as my second. But when we were looking for a dog, we were looking for a family member that fit our lifestyle. I couldn't handle a dog that needed to be run, or was to fragile to be wrestled with. And neither of us would have been happy if the dog needed a huge yard and wide open spaces, when all I could provide is a 20' by 20' back yard.


So yes, Kelly is worth every penny. Good breeding and the right dog make all the difference.

No comments: